Medical Billing & Coding with Administrative Assistant Program
The objectve of the program is to prepare students to enter the workforce in the healthcare setting in entry-level position with a thorough understanding of medical billing and coding. Students are introduced to several techniques for finding and applying correct codes in today’s standard coding system. This program thoroughyly prepares students to code patients’ medical records correctly and optimize reimbursement for a full range of medical services. The program provides hand-on training in the various activities of the medical office, including use of computer and medical software and practice on the internet with medical billing. Upon completion of the program, the student is eligible for the National Certification exam.
Learn basic medical billing procedures including posting charges, completing ledger cards, filing and tracking claims, and generating reports and daily transactions. Understand the different types of insurance including HMO’s, Medicare, Medicaid, and their impact on medical billing. Upon successful completion of the program, the student will be able to:
- Explain the components for the various body systems and corresponding medical terminology.
- Recognize the importance of confidentiality when dealing with medical records, and
- Describe the essential working aspects of a successful medical office.
- Gather/review essential patient information
- Verify required documentation before patient information is released
- Prevent fraud/abuse by auditing billing
- Support coding and billing process
- Assign codes for diagnoses and procedures
- Submit claims for reimbursement
- Coach healthcare providers to achieve optimal reimbursement
- Review and answer practice correspondence
- Operate computer systems to accomplish office tasks
- Answer calls, schedule appointments, greet patients and maintain files
- Update and maintain patient and other practice-specific information
- Coordinate operation reports such as time and attendance
This program is designed to provide, thorough didactic and lab instructions, a basic systems overview of the role of the medical biller and assistant in a clinical setting. Didactic lectures cover the theory, anatomy and terminology pertaining to each system. Lab instructions provide hands-on training in the listed procedures.
- Medical Billing & Coding courseware
- Uniform (2 Sets)
- CPT (Current Procedural Terminology) (Lab Use Only)
- ICD-9, 10 (International Classification of Diseases) (Lab Use Only)
- Laboratory Procedures
- Job Placement Assistance
- Certification exam fee (one time and for one certification only)
This program will prepare the student for an entry-level position in the medical marketplace as a medical biller, medical coding specialist, medical records technician, or medical office personnel/assistant. The program provides hands-on training in the various activities of the medical office including use of the computer and medical software, medical terminology, human anatomy and physiology, medical law and ethics, medical coding and billing, and medical insurance billing forms and claims.
For immediate inquiries call: 1-248-440-6020.